Interested in participating in National Women's Health Week but not sure how? We have a list of ideas to get you started!
Get involved online!
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we interact and focus on our health but we can still find creative ways to stay healthy and safe.
- Are you ready to find your health? Use this online tool to get customized tips for incorporating healthy eating and physical activity into your life.
- Spread the word on social media with our sample messages.
- Share what you are doing to focus on your physical and mental health.
- Use # #NWHW.
- Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.
Stay healthy during your free time!
- Use free online videos or apps to exercise at home.
- Start a health diary to document your health journey.
- Cook a healthy meal or snack! If you need inspiration, check out these recipes.
- Drink water instead of soda and sugary drinks.
- Turn on your favorite music and dance.
- Take a walk outside,
- Share what you do with us by using #NWHW.
Working from home?
- Set a timer to remind yourself to stand up and walk around regularly during the day.
- Connect with co-workers to share your favorite books, travel locations or things you do to focus on your health.
- Start a friendly virtual competition with coworkers. Track your steps, water intake, or other healthy activities.
- Invite a local fitness instructor to teach a free fitness class online.
- Take a walk during breaks and conference calls.
- Share your activities with us by using #NWHW
Are you an employer or a public health professional?
- Incorporate breaks for standing, stretching or taking a walk into the workday.
- Organize a virtual healthy cooking class or fitness activity.
- Host a team activity such as a game or trivia.
- Share your activities with us using #NWHW.