The last couple of years may have changed how we interact, but we can still find creative ways to stay healthy and safe. Whether you continue current activities or start new routines, now is a great time to focus on improving your health! We have a list of ideas to get you started!
- Are you ready to find your health? Use this online tool to get customized tips for incorporating healthy eating and physical activity into your life.
- Spread the word on social media with our sample messages.
- Share what you are doing to improve your physical and mental health.
- Use #NWHW.
- Like us on Facebook , and follow us on Twitter and Pinterest
Incorporate habits for better health!
- Use free online videos or apps to find creative ways to get motivated and fit exercise into your day.
- Start a health diary to document your journey to get active, eat healthy, and boost self-care.
- Cook a healthy meal or snack! If you need inspiration, check out these recipes .
- Drink water instead of soda and sugary drinks.
- Turn on your favorite music and dance.
- Take a walk outside.
- Get your blood pressure checked.
- Donate blood to help others in need.
- Share what you do with us by using #NWHW.
Working from home or returning to the office?
- Set a timer to remind yourself to stand up and walk around regularly during the day.
- Pay attention to your mental health and find ways to manage stress.
- Connect with co-workers to share your favorite books, travel locations or things you do to take care of your health.
- Start a friendly virtual competition with coworkers. Track your steps, water intake, or other healthy activities.
- Take a walk during breaks and conference calls.
- Share your activities with us by using #NWHW.
Are you an employer or a public health professional?
- Incorporate breaks – for standing, stretching or taking a walk – into the workday.
- Organize a virtual healthy cooking class or fitness activity.
- Host a team activity such as a game or trivia.
- Organize a blood drive.
- Host an educational event around health topics such as heart health, healthy eating vs. disordered eating, or stress management.
- Share your activities with us using #NWHW.