May 8 – 14, 2016
Ideas for celebrating
National Women's Health Week
Interested in participating in National Women's Health Week but not sure how? We make it easy for you with this list of ideas!
Get involved online!
- Join the National Women's Health Week Thunderclap.
- Take the National Women's Health Week pledge.
- Spread the word through social media with our prewritten messages and infographics.
- Take a healthy-selfie and share it through social media. Use the #NWHW hashtag.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Pinterest.
Stuck in the office?
- Organize a lunchtime walk with your coworkers.
- Encourage everyone to stand at your next meeting.
- Host a healthy potluck or lunchtime salad bar.
- Start a friendly competition with coworkers. Track your steps, water intake, or other healthy activities.
- Invite a local fitness instructor to teach a free yoga or Zumba class.
- Bring in light weights you can use at your desk.
- Share your activities with us by using the #NWHW hashtag.
Join in the fun during your free time!
- Cook up something healthy! If you need inspiration, check out these recipes.
- Turn on your favorite music and dance.
- Sip on water instead of soda and sugary drinks.
- Take a walk with your neighbors.
- Attend a fitness class.
- Share what you do with us by using the #NWHW hashtag.
Are you an employer or a public health professional?
- Host a health fair.
- Hold a free or reduced-cost health screening.
- Organize a healthy cooking class or fitness activity.
- Share your activities with us by using with the #NWHW hashtag.