Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Breastfeeding email updates.
Real Estate and Rental and Leasing Services
Real estate and rental and leasing services are often housed in traditional office settings. Milk expression spaces can be created in a variety of flexible office spaces, storage areas, employee break rooms, or meeting rooms. Scheduling can be worked around consultations with clients.
Private offices of nursing women, their co-workers, or supervisors can be used in small office environments.
A small conference room or client consultation room can be used as a flexible space for milk expression. Women will want to schedule breaks around client consultations.
A closet or storage area can double as a private space for expressing milk.
A small area corner can be enclosed to create a private milk expression space.
Appropriate signage helps protect the privacy of nursing women.
View All Slides
- Flexible space
- Conference or meeting area
- Employee's office
- Office of a manager, supervisor, or colleague
- Employee break area
- Partitions in another space area
- Shared space with another business housed in the building, complex, or neighborhood
- Employees use usual break and meal periods to express milk
- Schedule appointments around milk expression breaks
- Staff provide coverage as needed
- Coverage may not be needed
- Job sharing with another employee
- On-site child care
- Child care provider brings the baby to the employee for feedings
- Employee goes home or to the child care provider to feed the baby
- Employer arranges for the baby to remain with the employee at work
- Employee stores her milk in a personal cooler or insulated lunch bag
Content last updated August 04, 2014.
Resources last updated April 15, 2014.
Return to top