USDA and HHS Just Released the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025
Cross-posted from health.gov.
Today, USDA and HHS released the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025. Read the Dietary Guidelines.
Updated jointly by the U.S. Departments of Agriculture (USDA) and Health and Human Services (HHS) every five years, the Dietary Guidelines provides science-based advice on what to eat and drink to promote health, help reduce risk of chronic disease, and meet nutrient needs.
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025 are the first set of guidelines that provide guidance for healthy dietary patterns by life stage, from birth through older adulthood, including pregnant and lactating women.
To develop the Dietary Guidelines, the Departments built upon the previous edition of the Dietary Guidelines with updates grounded in the scientific review of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee, along with comments from the public and input from Federal agencies.
Check out the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025 along with other companion pieces:
- Executive Summary of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025
- The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About the Dietary Guidelines
- Make Every Bite Count with the Dietary Guidelines video
- The Dietary Guidelines Consumer Brochure: Start Simple with MyPlate Today
- Dietary Guidelines infographic series on topics like:
- Making every bite count with the Dietary Guidelines
- How the Guidelines can help all Americans be healthier
- Public engagement in the process to develop the Dietary Guidelines
- USDA-HHS process to develop the Dietary Guidelines
- The difference between the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee Report and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Video of Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025 virtual event
- Press release announcing Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025