Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Statistics email updates.
Explore other publications and websites
- Excessive Alcohol Use: Addressing a Leading Risk for Death, Chronic Disease, and Injury — This brochure has statistical information about binge drinking, health consequences of excessive drinking, and how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is responding.
- FastStats: Alcohol Use — This page provides a statistical look at alcohol use prevalence and mortality and links to sources of more detailed information.
- FastStats: Illegal Drug Use — This fact sheet provides information on the prevalence of illegal drug use in the United States and has statistical information on health care use by illegal drug users.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Women and Drugs — This site covers the unique issues faced by women when it comes to substance use, as a result of both sex and gender.
- NIDA DrugFacts: Nationwide Trends — This fact sheet provides statistical trends in drug use and abuse.
- SAMHSA’s Latest National Survey on Drug Use and Health — This site provides the latest statistical information on the prevalence of drug and alcohol abuse in the United States. It includes reports on drug use by specific populations and the use of specific illegal drugs.
- Teens and Prescription Drugs — This report gives recent findings about prescription drug abuse among teens. It covers issues such as gender differences among teen drug abusers, types of drugs abused, and accessibility of these drugs to teens.
- Wasting the Best and the Brightest: Substance Abuse at America's Colleges and Universities (Copyright © The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University) — This report discusses the growing problem of college student substance use and abuse and the consequences, including academic problems, legal problems, addiction, risky sexual behavior, unintentional injury, and more. It explains why more college students are using and abusing illegal substances and what should be done to address this issue.
- Women, Girls and Drugs: Facts and Figures — This Web page shares the results of a three-year study on drug use among women and young girls. It reveals how many women and girls use drugs, which drugs are used, and the reasons girls use drugs.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated: August 13, 2015.
Return to top