Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Statistics email updates.
Explore other publications and websites
- Diabetes Statistics (Copyright © American Diabetes Association) — This site has information on the prevalence of diabetes and related complications, the mortality rate of diabetes, and the cost of diabetes in the United States.
- Diabetes: Successes and Opportunities for Population-Based Prevention and Control — This webpage explains the different types of diabetes and discusses statistics and the impact of this chronic disease on the country. It talks about how the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention addresses this problem, and cites examples of state projects successfully initiated to prevent and control diabetes.
- FastStats: Diabetes — This fact sheet provides statistics on the morbidity and mortality of diabetes in the United States. It also gives information on health care use including ambulatory care, hospital inpatient care, home care, and hospice care.
- Investment in Research Saves Live and Money: Facts About Diabetes (Copyright © Research!America) — Diabetes is a growing health concern in the United States. This fact sheet provides statistics about diabetes and explains how investing in research now can save lives and money later.
- National Diabetes Fact Sheet, 2011 — This fact sheet has information about how many Americans have diabetes, prediabetes, and gestational diabetes. More topics include the cost of diabetes, death among people with diabetes, complications, and more.
- National Diabetes Statistics — A collaboration from a variety of sources, this fact sheet provides statistics on several aspects of diabetes including undiagnosed and diagnosed prevalence, mortality, complications, and cost.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated June 17, 2009.
Return to top