Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Get Enough Calcium
(HealthDay News) -- There are few better ways to protect your bones and teeth than to get enough dietary calcium.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to get more calcium in your diet, without adding too much fat:
- Sprinkle your salad or soup with fat-free or low-fat shredded cheese.
- Enjoy low-fat or fat-free yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruit.
- Beef up breakfast by adding low-fat or fat-free milk to oatmeal, or low-fat cheese to an omelete.
- Have a latte made with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Sip on a smoothie made with low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt, along with some fruit.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201