Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: What to Expect After Childbirth
(HealthDay News) -- If you've just given birth, it's important to relax, enjoy your new baby and take care of yourself.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for brand-new moms:
- Don't try to lose a lot of weight too quickly.
- Focus on eating healthy, nutritious foods.
- When your doctor says it's ok, start a regular exercise routine.
- Be on the lookout for signs of "baby blues," medically called postpartum depression.
- Be patient as you transition to life with your new baby.
- Some women develop a post-birth thyroid problem, which could include symptoms such as lack of energy and difficulty sleeping.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201