Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Easing Heel Pain
(HealthDay News) -- Heel pain can be triggered by a number of factors, from bone spurs to a "fallen" arch that causes the foot to pronate inward.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these suggestions to help ease heel pain:
- Make sure shoes fit well and have plenty of support in the heel, sole and arch.
- Wear the correct shoes for each activity.
- Get rid of shoes with worn soles or heels.
- Warm up before, cool down after and pace yourself during exercise.
- Give your body plenty of rest and good nutrition.
- Lose any excess weight.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201