Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Walk at Work
(HealthDay News) -- There are plenty of ways to squeeze in exercise and some social time at work without sacrificing productivity.
The American Council on Exercise mentions these suggestions:
- Skip the coffee/smoke break and ask a co-worker to join you for a 15-minute walk.
- If you have a regular one-to-one meeting with a co-worker, make it a walking meeting.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and see how many co-workers will join you.
- Start up a workplace walking group to walk on breaks, during lunch and after work.
- Visit a bookstore, gallery or museum for a stroll.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201