Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Make TV Time Exercise Time
(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to give up television watching just to lead a more active lifestyle.
The American Council on Exercise suggests these ways to exercise while you're watching TV:
- Don't use your remote. Instead, get up off the couch to change the channel.
- During commercial breaks, walk up and down the stairs, or walk around the room.
- Work out using a resistance band.
- Invest in a treadmill, so you can work out while you watch.
- Iron your clothes while watching.
- Instead of lounging on the couch, sit on a stability ball.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201