Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Help Prevent Chronic Ear Infections
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic ear infections are common in young children. But there are steps parents can take to help keep these painful infections from coming back, says the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders:
- Tell your child to avoid people who are smoking.
- Don't let your child go to bed with a bottle.
- Make sure your child gets all necessary vaccinations, and keep your child away from others who are sick.
- Make sure your child washes his or her hands regularly.
- If your child continues to get regular ear infections, talk to your pediatrician about additional steps to help prevent them.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201