Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Protect Your Kids' Teeth From Cavities
(HealthDay News) -- Monitoring your child's diet and limiting sugar intake can help protect the child from cavities.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to promote healthier teeth:
- Offer only water or low-fat milk to your child, instead of soda or juice.
- Skip meals and snacks that pack a lot of added sugar.
- Allow only sugarless gum.
- Teach your child which foods can harm or help dental health.
- Practice proper dental hygiene among all members of the household.
- Ensure that your child receives proper dental care, starting at a very early age.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201