Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Practice Window Safety
(HealthDay News) -- Curious toddlers are especially prone to crawling through and falling from windows, so it's best to practice these safety suggestions, courtesy of the Cleveland Clinic:
- Be sure you can't open any window enough to allow a child to crawl through.
- If your window locks require a key, store it nearby.
- Never place furniture near a window. A child could climb the furniture and fall through the nearby window.
- Don't assume that a screen will take the place of a window lock.
- Board up or repair any broken or cracked glass.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201