Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Wash Skin Properly
(HealthDay News) -- Good skin care can help keep it healthy, moisturized and acne-free.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for proper skin care and cleansing:
- Always use water that is lukewarm, not too hot or too cold.
- Wash with a gentle soap or cleanser, making sure to include behind your ears, under the nails and between fingers and toes.
- Wash skin gently using your fingers, not a harsh washcloth or scrub brush.
- Wash your face at least once daily with gentle cleanser.
- Use a moisturizing cream or lotion if your skin feels dry or flaky.
- You probably don't need other skin care products unless your doctor recommends them.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201