Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Create the Right Environment for Sleep
(HealthDay News) -- It's important to create the right environment to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these guidelines:
- Keep your room quiet or use earplugs or a white noise machine.
- Keep your room at the right temperature -- not too hot and on the cooler side.
- Make sure the room is dark.
- Allow plenty of room in your bed to stretch out and get comfortable. Choose a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Address issues that affect your sleep, such as snoring or television watching, with your partner.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201