Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Get More Veggies Into Your Diet
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone knows it's important to eat a lot of vegetables. But how can you eat more of these healthy foods without upsetting your routine?
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions:
- Top your favorite pizza with zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, green peppers or broccoli.
- Lunch on a whole-wheat wrap filled with roasted vegetables.
- Instead of chips, dip crunchy veggies into some low-fat salad dressing.
- Throw some veggie kabobs on the grill.
- Top salads with extra veggies, such as carrots or grape tomatoes.
- Keep a stash of pre-cut veggies on hand for snacks and meals.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201