Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Take Care of Dry Skin
(HealthDay News) -- Dry skin can be itchy, uncomfortable and even painful if the skin begins to crack.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these suggestions for caring for dry skin:
- Make sure your shower or bath water is lukewarm; never too hot.
- Take baths or showers of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer as soon as you get out of the bath or shower.
- Wash with a moisturizing cleanser.
- During winter months, moisturize with a heavy cream or ointment. Use a lighter lotion during summer.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201