Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Insomnia Keeping You Awake?
(HealthDay News) -- If you often start your day exhausted because of a poor night's sleep, you may suffer from insomnia, a common sleep disorder.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute lists these common symptoms of insomnia:
- Lying in bed awake for a long period of time before you're able to sleep.
- Only sleeping in short bouts before waking.
- Staying awake for most of the night.
- Feeling exhausted, as if you had no sleep.
- Waking very early in the morning.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201