Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Stay Healthy During Menopause
(HealthDay News) -- As your body adjusts to the many changes of menopause, it's important to take action and maintain good health.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to help you stay healthy during menopause:
- Eat a balanced, nutritious diet that's low in calories.
- Get a minimum of two-and-a-half hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise.
- If you're a smoker, quit.
- Visit your gynecologist for an annual checkup and any recommended screening tests.
- Talk to your doctor about any immunizations you may need.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201