Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: House Cleaning With Arthritis
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis pain and stiffness can make it difficult to take care of household chores and cleaning.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions:
- To avoid reaching high and bending low, attach your dust rag to an empty roll from gift wrapping paper.
- Instead of using your hands, use a wooden pizza paddle to help tuck in your sheets while making a bed.
- Also while making a bed, choose a smooth, lightweight comforter that you can easily slip over the sheets.
- Put a pair of old socks or gloves on your hands to dust.
- If your home has two stories, keep a vacuum cleaner and set of cleaning supplies on each floor.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201