Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Make Eating a Family Affair
(HealthDay News) -- It's easier to eat healthy when everybody in the family is practicing the same nutritional habits.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to help the whole family eat healthy:
- Cook meals at home, together as a family.
- Encourage your kids to help you plan snacks and meals.
- Stock up on healthy snacks.
- Make sure your children understand they should only eat when they're hungry, rather than when they're bored or emotional.
- Make sure the whole family eats breakfast.
- Take turns putting down your forks and talking about your day during meals.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201