Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
(HealthDay News) -- Eating with dentures often requires some practice, and may initially trigger some discomfort and irritation.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions for adjusting to your new dentures:
- Start out with soft foods.
- Cut up your food into small pieces.
- Eat slowly, carefully using both sides of your mouth.
- Slowly add a variety of foods until you have resumed your normal diet.
- Take care when eating foods that are hot, hard or have sharp edges.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201