Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Are You Disposed to the Holiday Blues?
(HealthDay News) -- Though the holiday season is joyous for many, it can be depressing for some.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these risk factors for the holiday blues:
- Connecting the holidays with family problems or painful memories.
- Expecting that you should feel happy.
- Dealing with the loss of a loved one, or spending the holidays away from friends and family.
- Developing unrealistic expectations, or thinking about negatives that have occurred during the past year.
- Dealing with changes in the family, such as divorce or death.
- Drinking too much alcohol during the holidays.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201