Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Is Your Relationship Healthy?
(HealthDay News) -- A relationship doesn't have to be plagued by physical abuse to be unhealthy. Emotional abuse can take an enormous toll on your physical and emotional health.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these signs of an unhealthy relationship:
- Making your partner the focus of all of your energy.
- Cutting ties with family or friends, or quitting activities that you enjoyed.
- Frequently feeling as though you're being controlled or pressured.
- Noting that there are more bad times than good ones in the relationship.
- Feeling afraid or sad when around your partner.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201