Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Watch Your Weight This Holiday Season
(HealthDay News) -- The holidays may represent excess, but you don't have to let that translate to excess weight.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to ward off those holiday pounds:
- Despite the busy season, don't skip exercise.
- Eat seven servings of fruits and veggies per day, both for nutrients and to help you stay full without all of the calories.
- Keep candy, cookies and other treats out of sight.
- Indulge in just one small treat per day.
- Make wise choices at the holiday party buffet. Politely decline if hosts keep pushing more food.
- Make holiday gatherings more about conversation and socializing than food.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201