Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Minimize Jet Lag
(HealthDay News) -- Jet lag can leave you feeling too tired to enjoy your new destination, but there are things you can do to help your body prepare.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to help beat jet lag:
- Limit use of alcohol.
- Make sure you're well-rested before you depart.
- Eat healthy, balanced meals, and don't overeat.
- Exercise frequently while on your trip.
- If you need a sleep medication, use it only for a few days.
- Stick to local meal times and bed times.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201