Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Dealing With a Picky Eater
(HealthDay News) -- It may be difficult to ensure that a finicky toddler is getting all necessary nutrients. Experts say parents should be persistent in offering a variety of healthy foods.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions for parents of picky eaters:
- Add nonfat dry milk to soup, or sneak grated veggies into homemade muffins, breads or lasagna.
- Serve your child's favorite foods along with things that have been refused before.
- Let your child help prepare meals.
- Make sure food is visually appealing with unique shapes.
- Eat a variety of healthy foods yourself to set a good example for your child.
- Schedule regular family meals together.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201