Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Managing Diabetes While Under Stress
(HealthDay News) -- Managing diabetes can be tough enough, but the challenge is even greater when you're under stress.
The American Diabetes Association says possible impacts of stress on diabetes management include the risks of:
- A sudden, dramatic rise in blood glucose levels.
- Strong negative emotions.
- Difficulty making decisions or thinking clearly.
- Compulsive eating or making unhealthy food choices.
- Significant strain on the heart and circulatory system.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201