Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Get Into the Habit of Exercising
(HealthDay News) -- For optimal health and weight management, be sure to make physical activity a part of your daily routine.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how you can be physically active every day:
- Skip the elevator and walk up the stairs.
- Use your lunch break or coffee break to go for a short walk.
- Walk to work, if possible.
- Give your house a vigorous cleaning.
- Rake leaves or engage in other outdoor cleanup activities.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201