Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
(HealthDay News) -- Your diet can play a major role in the health of your teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association offers these dietary guidelines to help keep your mouth healthy:
- Avoid sodas and fruit drinks sweetened with sugar.
- Limit consumption of candies, cookies, pastries and other desserts with added sugar.
- Eat nutritious snacks that are lower in sugar.
- Brush at least twice daily and floss daily.
- Drink water often.
- Keep a food journal and review it for high-sugar foods. Compare your diet to the food pyramid recommendations.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201