Subscribe to news email updates.
Health Tip: Why am I Itchy?
(HealthDay News) -- If itchy skin is irritating you, figuring out what's making you scratch can help you find a solution.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says common causes of itching include:
- Having an allergic reaction.
- Having dry skin, a skin rash or a skin condition such as eczema.
- Having an insect bite or sting.
- Being exposed to irritating chemicals.
- Having pinworms, scabies or head lice.
- Being pregnant.
- Having a reaction to a medication.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
HealthDay news articles are derived from various sources and do not reflect federal policy. Womenshealth.gov does not endorse opinions, products, or services that may appear in news stories.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201