Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Mental Health email updates.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress. It can help you cope with a hard situation. For example, anxiety helps one deal with a deadline at the office or can push you to study for a test. But when anxiety becomes an extreme, irrational dread of everyday situations, it can be disabling. Anxiety disorders include:
More information on Anxiety disorders
Explore other publications and websites
- AD/HD and Adults (Copyright © Mental Health America) - Many symptoms of attention deficit hpyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can continue into adulthood. This publication discusses ADHD in adults, including information on symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - This detailed booklet describes the symptoms, causes, and treatments of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It also provides information on getting help and coping.
- Employees With Learning Disabilities (Copyright © Job Accommodation Network) - This publication provides basic information for employers on how to accommodate an employee with a learning disability. It also provides examples of workplace accommodations for employees with various types of learning disabilities.
- NINDS Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder Information Page - This online publication explains ADHD, available treatments, prognosis, and current research being conducted.
- NINDS Learning Disabilities Information Page - This online publication defines learning disabilities and provides information on treatment, prognosis, and current research. It also provides resources and organizations.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated: March 29, 2010.
Resources last updated: March 29, 2010.
Return to top