Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Mental Health email updates.
Anxiety is a normal reaction to stress. It can help you cope with a hard situation. For example, anxiety helps one deal with a deadline at the office or can push you to study for a test. But when anxiety becomes an extreme, irrational dread of everyday situations, it can be disabling. Anxiety disorders include:
More information on Anxiety disorders
Explore other publications and websites
- AD/HD and Adults (Copyright © Mental Health America) - Many symptoms of attention deficit hpyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can continue into adulthood. This publication discusses ADHD in adults, including information on symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) - This detailed booklet describes the symptoms, causes, and treatments of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It also provides information on getting help and coping.
- Employees With Learning Disabilities (Copyright © Job Accommodation Network) - This publication provides basic information for employers on how to accommodate an employee with a learning disability. It also provides examples of workplace accommodations for employees with various types of learning disabilities.
- NINDS Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder Information Page - This online publication explains ADHD, available treatments, prognosis, and current research being conducted.
- NINDS Learning Disabilities Information Page - This online publication defines learning disabilities and provides information on treatment, prognosis, and current research. It also provides resources and organizations.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated March 29, 2010.
Resources last updated March 29, 2010.
Return to top