Skip left navigation
Subscribe to Men's Health email updates.
Sexual health for men
Sexual health is a source of concern for many men. Yet some men are not comfortable talking to their doctors about sex. Others wrongly think that sexual problems are a normal part of aging. But treatment can help with many sexual health issues. No matter what your age, talk to your doctor if you have:
- Problems getting an erection
- Problems keeping an erection
- Less interest in sex
- Other problems that keep you or your partner from enjoying sex
In this section you can learn about:
Remember that problems with sexual health are medical problems, and your doctor can help.
Return to top
More information on Sexual health for men
Explore other publications and websites
- Age Page: Sexuality in Later Life - This brochure describes the normal physical changes in men and women that come with age. It also discusses the effects of illness, disability, and emotional concerns of sexuality in later life.
- Aging Changes in the Male Reproductive System - This online publication provides information on how aging affects the male reproductive system. It discusses some common sexual and urological problems that may occur as men age.
- Diabetes and Men's Sexual Health (Copyright © American Diabetes Association) - Diabetes can affect a man’s sex life, causing problems such as erectile dysfunction, depression, and anxiety. These articles discuss these conditions and how they are treated.
- Effects of Cancer Treatment on Male Sexuality (Copyright © American Cancer Society) - This publication explores the effects that cancer treatment can have on men and their sex lives. It also discusses options that men and their partners can use to reclaim enjoyment and fertility.
- Erectile Dysfunction - This brochure discusses the causes, diagnosis, and treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED), as well as ED research underway.
- Male Menopause: Myth or Reality? (Copyright © Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research) - Sometimes called male menopause, aging-related hormone changes are very different in men than in women. Learn about symptoms and treatment by reading this publication.
- Penile Implants — What To Expect and How To Prepare (Copyright © Mayo Foundation) - This website gives information on penile implants, which are used to treat erection problems. It reviews the procedure, results, and risks.
- Penis-Enlargement Scams: You're More Normal Than You Think (Copyright © Mayo Foundation) - This publication addresses men’s concerns over penis enhancement. It also discusses the different methods of penis enlargement and the risks associated with them.
- Testicular Self-examination - This publication describes how to perform a testicular self-examination and why it is important. It explains how the testicles should normally look and feel and reasons to contact your doctor.
- Testosterone (Copyright © AACC) - This publication explains the testosterone lab test, including who might need it, how it is done, and and what the results mean.
Connect with other organizations
Content last updated: January 10, 2011.
Resources last updated: January 10, 2011.
Return to top