Skip left navigation
Subscribe to the heart truth® email updates.
Handouts to print out for your patients and other resources
A website for your patients
Heart attack signs
High blood pressure
Weight loss tips
Exercise and behavioral change
Pregnancy and preeclampsia
Related health problems
Spanish language materials
Organizations and online resources
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute – Medical alerts, professional and general health related information, and research and training information for investigators and students, as well as information on The Heart Truth Campaign.
- Heart Truth E-Zine – Subscribe to The Heart Truth E-Zine, NHLBI's quarterly electronic
publication for the public that provides new information about heart disease research, upcoming events, heart healthy recipes, and campaign news.
- American Diabetes Association – Provides information about nutrition, exercise, prevention, research, advocacy, and community programs. (English and Spanish)
- American Heart Association – Provides information about heart disease and stroke in women.
- National Women's Health Resource Center – What is heart and cardiovascular disease? Do women really need to worry about heart and cardiovascular disease?
- The American Legacy Foundation - Join the Circle – The leading cause of preventable death in American women is tobacco-related disease. Support mothers, daughters, sisters, wives and girlfriends trying to quit smoking.
- FamilyDoctor.org – Information for women about heart disease and heart attacks from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- MayoClinic.com – Women have historically lagged behind men in heart disease prevention and awareness - but not in deaths. See how the tide is turning, and what you can do to protect your own heart health.
- WebMD – WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.
- Women's Heart Foundation – Provides information on women's heart disease and wellness information, gender-specific care and interventions for women with heart disease.
- Heart health and stroke – Information on heart disease and stroke from womenshealth.gov.
Content last updated: April 1, 2008.
Return to top