Skip left navigation
Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Region IV women's health agenda
The women's health agenda for Region IV are:
- To raise awareness of women's health issues and define it as it encompasses a women's life span
- To collect data from each state in the Region and compile a systematic format
- To identify key women health status indicators such as the number of domestic violence reports against women; number of women living in poverty; incidence of breast cancer, lung cancer, venereal disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and disparity issues, and to hold focus groups to reach consensus on key indicators
- To develop strategies to address the identified key issues
- To create a Women's Leadership Institute for Health Policy in Atlanta to offer a week-long course of study for up to 80 selected health care professionals each year from state and local organizations across the Region.
Content last updated: October 01, 2005.
Return to top