Skip left navigation
Subscribe to About Us email updates.
Region IV women's health agenda
The women's health agenda for Region IV are:
- To raise awareness of women's health issues and define it as it encompasses a women's life span
- To collect data from each state in the Region and compile a systematic format
- To identify key women health status indicators such as the number of domestic violence reports against women; number of women living in poverty; incidence of breast cancer, lung cancer, venereal disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and disparity issues, and to hold focus groups to reach consensus on key indicators
- To develop strategies to address the identified key issues
- To create a Women's Leadership Institute for Health Policy in Atlanta to offer a week-long course of study for up to 80 selected health care professionals each year from state and local organizations across the Region.
Content last updated October 01, 2005.
Return to top