The experience of breastfeeding is special for so many reasons – the joyful bonding with your baby, the cost savings, and the health benefits for both mother and baby. Read on for tips and suggestions to help you successfully breastfeed.
- Surgeon General's Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding – The Call to Action (PDF, 931 KB) describes specific steps people can take to participate in a society-wide approach to support mothers and babies who are breastfeeding.
- Your Guide to Breastfeeding – This free publication provides information and encouragement to women on breastfeeding. It explains the benefits for baby, mom, and society. It also provides frequently asked questions and answers about breastfeeding. It is available in English, Spanish, as well as in English for African American and American Indian and Alaska Native women.
- The Affordable Care Act – Breastfeeding mothers and their children have more protections and options. Learn more from healthcare.gov.
- Health Care Reform Boosts Support for Employed Breastfeeding Mothers – From the United States Breastfeeding Committee
- Confident Commitment is a Key Factor for Sustained Breastfeeding – From Birth; by Avery, Zimmermann, Underwood, and Magnus
- Surgeon General’s Perspectives: The Status of Breastfeeding Today (PDF, 1.22 MB) – By Rear Admiral Steven K. Galson, Former US Surgeon General
- Mothers and Children Benefit from Breastfeeding (PDF, 40 KB) – By Rear Admiral Steven K. Galson, Former US Surgeon General
Content last updated August 01, 2010.
Resources last updated April 05, 2013.
Return to top